The Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl is an American actress, film producer and also a former fashion model. She is famous for her role as Izzie Stevens in Grey’s Anatomy. For this role, she has won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2007. Apart from this she has appeared in a number of movies. Her famous movies are 27 Dresses, The Ugly Truth, Killers, Life As We Know It, New Year’s Eve and Jenny’s Wedding.
This article brings you some interesting facts about the actress that you might not know.
Interesting Facts about Katherine Heigl:
- Katherine Heigl was a part of the series Grey’s Anatomy from 2005 to 2010.
- She started her career as a child model. This was way before her interest in acting.
- Katherine Heigl was also a part of the famous coming of age movie That Night released in 1992.
- She has been a face of many covers of magazines like Vanity Fair, Cosmopolitan and Maixm.
- Katherine Heigl is married to the singer Josh Kelley.
- She has two adopted daughters.
- She has a mixed ancestry of Swiss-German.
- Katherine Heigl had a traumatic experience when she lost her brother. He was in a car accident and could not survive the injuries. His organs were donated by his family after his death.
- It was this incident that converted Katherine Heigl parents to Christianity and she also converted to this faith.
- It was her aunt who introduced Katherine Heigl in modeling. Katherine Heigl took many pictures of Heigl when she visited her. After getting the consent of her parents, Katherine Heigl sent the pictures to the modeling agencies.
- Soon after this Katherine Heigl signed a contract with Wilhelmina Models as child model.
- In 1997 she moved to California after her graduation with her mother. Her mother also became her manager.
- She was given the 12th position in the Maxim’s list of “Sexiest Woman in the World”.
- Her daughter Nancy was born with a heart defect and had to undergo an open heart surgery before leaving Korea.
- Katherine Heigl along with her mother started the Hounds of Hope. It was created in honor of her brother who died at the age of 15.
- Katherine Heigl is an animal lover and in 2010 Katherine Heigl was given “Presidential Service Award” by ASPCA. The award was given to honor her dedication and work for the well being of the animals.