One of the best tennis players ever, Roger Federer set up records with 17 Grand Slam singles titles and 302 weeks at the top of world rankings. Born on August 8, 1981 in Switzerland. Roger was into sports from his early age. At the age of 11, Roger was among the best junior tennis players of his country. When he was 12, he chose to stop different other games and concentrated his all efforts on tennis. By the age of 14, Federer was totally drenched in the game, playing two or three competition each month. To flawless his skills, Roger used to follow his heroes, Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg. Federer turned into Switzerland’s national junior champion. Just before turning pro, Federer won the Orange Bowl and junior Wimbledon. Federer was perceived as the ITF World Junior Tennis champion of the year.
Federer started his professional tennis career in 1998. At Wimbledon in 2001, Roger drummed up some excitement by thumping out singles champion Pete Sampras in the fourth round and his triumph at Wimbledon in 2003 made him the first Swiss to win the Grand Slam singles title. At the start of 2004, Federer was ranked No. 2 in the world. In the same year, Federer won Australian Open, U.S open and ATP Masters. At the beginning of 2005, Federer was at the top being ranked No.1 in the world. He stayed No.1 in the world from 2004 to 2008. An epitome of his athleticism, Federer shined as Laureus World Sportsman of the Year from 2005-08.
Taking up his fifth U.S Open win, Federer beat Andy Murray, a Scottish player, in 2008. Nonetheless, that year turned out to be a troublesome time in Federer’s career. Roger lost to his equal Rafael Nadal at both the French Open and Wimbledon, and lost to another youthful star, Novak Djokovic, at the 2008 Australian Open. The 2009 season was a huge one for the Swiss star. Roger got the better of Robin Soderling winning the French Open. He beat Andy Roddick in an epic Wimbledon. Roger kept on making his mark till the year 2012, when he again rose to the No.1 position. After that Roger didn’t performed that well like he used to. Roger defeated by Sergiy Stakhovsky in the second round who was ranked 116th at that time. He made it to the finals of many championships after, but couldn’t win. In 2016, because of the back injury, Roger was compelled to push back from the French Open.
Roger Federer Championship Trophy
Roger Federer posing for a picture
Roger Federer Pictures
Serena Williams known as the “Queen of Court” is an American professional tennis player. She is ranked number 1 in women’s single tennis. She won this title six times and finally in 2002 she became the world number 1. She has represented America on many international platforms and has earned many titles. This article brings you the interesting facts about Serena William’s life. The fans out there can get a chance to know more about her as a person that she is.
Interesting Facts about Serena Williams:
- Serena Williams has become a sensation worldwide after earning the 30 Grand Slam titles. She has also earned several Olympic gold medals.
- She has an elder sister Venus Williams who is also tennis pro.
- Serena Williams has five elder sisters and she is the youngest one.
- She started playing tennis at a tender age of 5. Serena Williams practiced at the public courts in Campton.
- Serena Williams and her sister Venus were homeschooled so that they get the maximum time for playing tennis.
- She is a Jehovah’s Witness.
- Serena Williams has also played against her sister Venus. It was in 1999 Lipton Championship.
- She is the first black woman to win a Grand Slam professional tennis tournament.
- In 2005 she hosted the reality show with her sister Venus and it was called the Venus and Serena: For Real.
- In 2009 she threatened the lineswoman and faced a penalty. Serena Williams was put on a probation period. Two months later she again faced the penalty for the same episode. She was ordered to pay $82.500. This became the largest fine ever to be given to a tennis player.
- Serena Williams is also a social worker and in response to the Haiti earthquake in 2010 she let go of her training and practicing session and instead gathered with other players to organize a charity event. The money collected for the victims helped the people to overcome the problems encountered.
- Serena Williams has also become the certified nail technician with a company called HairTech.
- In 2011 she had to undergo an emergency treatment of her hematoma. The doctors diagnosed a blood clot in her lungs that needed to be treated.
- In the same year that is 2011 Serena Williams was appointed as UNICEF international goodwill ambassador.
So these are some of the interesting facts about Serena Williams that you did not know.
Serena Williams cup
Serena Williams smile
Serena Williams victory
Serena Williams Pictures
Jeff Hardy was born in 1977, August 31st. He has a prominent life history with WWF and WWE. He is not only a professional wrestler but also a song writer, singer, painter and currently a musician. He has an elder brother name Matt Hardy who has been with him at early times. In 1986, Hardy’s mother died of brain cancer. He was nine years old back then. At the age of 13 he got his first bike Yamaha YZ 80 because of his interest in bikes. He was a basketball player too but he had to quit due to his injury while racing on a bike. He was a footballer and a wrestler as well in his school times. When asked to choose one profession among them Hardy chose wrestling and left playing football.
Jeff Hardy crawling
More about Jeff Hardy:
Jeff Hardy is a very close friend of Shannon Moore. Both have been together since 1987. He met Beth Britt in 1999. He had been in relation with her since then. In 2010, she got pregnant with Hardy’s child. Their daughter was born in 2010 named Ruby Claire. The couple got married in 2011. They got their second daughter named Nera Quinn Hardy in 2015.
Jeff Hardy Career:
At first Jeff Hardy joined the federation TWF being run by his brother and friends. Later on they began working with various other companies. In 1994 he joined WWF as a jobber, and kept on working as a jobber till 1997. In 1998 Jeff Hardy signed his first major contract with WWF. In 1999 he won the first WWF Tag Team Championship against Acolytes. Their group was famous as Hardy Boyz. When Lita entered the group it was named as Team Xtreme.
In 1999 they won WWF’s first ever tag team ladder match. In 2001, Jeff Hardy beat Matt by pinfall at Vengeance. Jeff Hardy worked in WWE till 2003 then he did his first wrestling at OMEGA show. After that Hardy took a year off from wrestling and focused on motocross. In 2004 he joined Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. The contract lasted till June 2006 then Hardy returned rejoined WWE. He worked with WWE for four years and then returned to TNA wrestling.
Jeff Hardy – The Artistic Side:
Jeff Hardy has defeated many champions in various fights including Tripple H, RAW and many more. Since 2010 he has stayed with TNA in even in current year 2016. Jeff Hardy has renewed his contract with TNA. He has various interests besides wrestling which cannot be overlooked. He once constructed a statue named Neroameee. Jeff Hardy also once created a fake volcano. He also constructed his brother’s hand sculpture. He also plays guitar, does poetry, formed a band and what not?
Jeff Hardy Achievements:
- Jeff Hardy has achieved infinite championships. His single accomplishments include:
- Six-time world champion which includes TNA World Heavyweight Championship three times
- WWE Championship
- WWE’s World Heavyweight Championship twice.
- Intercontinental Championship four times
- Light Heavyweight Championship
- European Championship
- Hardcore Championship three times,
- Eighteenth Triple Crown Champion
- Tenth Grand Slam Champion in the history
- Between WWE and TNA, Jeff Hardy has won 23 total championships.
Jeff Hardy wallpapers
Jeff Hardy new beard style
Jeff Hardy body tattoos
Jeff Hardy style
Jeff Hardy Pictures
Cristiano Ronaldo is the famous name in football. Even if you are not a sports person and do not watch games then there is a slightest chance that you have not heard this name. The false norm established about Cristiano Ronaldo often finds him as arrogant and callous but believe it or not there is a side that sometimes goes unnoticed.
Born in Santo António Christiano Ronaldo comes from a middle class family. He himself has admitted to have come from a poor family. With this hard work, Cristiano Ronaldo managed to bring his family out of abject poverty and rose to success. He is the youngest child of his parents.
At an early age of 15 he was diagnosed with a medical condition racing heart. He had a surgery that used a laser to cauterize the area of his heart that was the reason of the problem. After the success in the surgery Cristiano Ronaldo was able to continue his training and became the renowned footballer.
Crsitiano Ronaldo realized that training with the weights would improve his game and make him faster. Ronaldo used to train in gym with weights on one of his feet and then dribble the ball.
Fact: Do you know the speed of Cristiano Ronaldo’s free kick? If not then you have reached the right place. It is 130 km per hour. Yes! It is amazing.
Cristiano Ronaldo Interesting Facts:
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s jumps are very famous but there is an interesting fact about his jumps that most of you are unaware of. His jump generates power that is five times more than the power of the wild Cheetah’s jump. The rest can be left to the imagination for you to figure out.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s training session is extremely difficult that pushes him to an edge and tests his capacity. Cristiano Ronaldo lifts about 23,055 kilograms of total weight during his workout sessions. This makes a total of 16 Toyota Prius cars. And you thought you are doing great at gym.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest paid footballer. He helps those in need and has paid for the cancer treatment of a 9 year old boy. This shows his compassion and generosity for people. Being a regular donor of blood Cristiano Ronaldo does not have any tattoos on his body. This sets a good example for youth who indulge in useless acts to look different.
Cristiano Ronaldo is not only a great football player but also a great human being.
Cristiano Ronaldo football legend
Cristiano Ronaldo smile
Cristiano Ronaldo body
Cristiano Ronaldo expression
Cristiano Ronaldo Pictures
Brian Lara, the 10th of 11 children is a former Trinidadian international cricketer who in the present day stands as a quintessential of competence in cricket. His tenure that spans over two decades has seen wonders by this amazing all rounder. Brian Lara is identified as one of the most ultra competent player who has given cricket its true spirit. As a result of his early association with the coaching center that taught him batting techniques, he had a strong grip over the techniques and correct batting style. At the age of 14 Brian Lara managed to make 745 runs in the schoolboys’ league that completely stirred an air of awe among the audience. With such a talent he was welcomed in the international cricket from where his journey of wonders began.
Brian Lara Records and Titles:
- The followers of Brian Lara are aware of his records and his capacity to revolutionize the cricket.
- It was in Brian Lara match in 2004 against England that earned him a record of highest individual score in a test inning.
- In 1994 and 1995 He was given the title of Wisden Leading Cricketer and became one of the three payers to earn the title of BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year.
- The other two players are Shane Warne and Sir Garfield Sobers. On 14th September 2012, his name was inducted at ICC’S Hall of Fame.
Brian Lara’s Post-retirement:
- Brian Lara’s fans were melancholic after hearing the news of his retirement.
- On 19th April 2007 he announced his retirement from all international appearances that indicated his last appearance would be in England on 21st April 2007.
- Due to a bad mix up Brian Lara got run out and at the end of the match England won and as a result he lost the match making his last international appearance an utter failure.
- In the post game presentation he asked the crowd “Did I entertain you?” to which the crowd with its rising crescendo replied and bid their farewell.
- Brian Lara continues to inspire many young cricketers.
- Brian Lara association with cricket even after his retirement points out the fact that the legends never give up.
- Due to his amazing career in cricket Brian Lara is praised by many.
Brian Lara with his competence and amazing skills guides many young cricketers and inspires them to become like him. Brian Lara is a true legend who in a short time managed to become the famous player and earned the great tiles.
Brian Lara swing with the bat
Brian Lara cricket legend
Brian Lara smile
Brian Lara one of the best players in the world
Brian Lara gratitude
Brian Lara Pictures