Charlize Theron was born in the Johannesburg-area, in South Africa, with a brought up in a farm area lying in the outskirts of the city. Chalize has been the only child to Gerda Theron and Charles Jacobus Theron. She got formal training for ballet dancing and has performed both the “The Nutcracker” and “Swan Lake”. Since there wasn’t much for a young dancer in Africa, she had to move Europe and the United States to start up a job at the Joffrey Ballet in New York. Charlize Theron also worked as model, however a knee injury stopped her career as a dancer.
In 1994, Charlize Theron’s mother got her a ticket to pay visit to agents on Hollywood Boulevard. Lacking luck, she could only grab an agent’s card in exchange of learning American English. Finally, she got her first break in a role of a young mother in B-film in the year 1995 with a little screen share.
Date of birth:
7th August 1975
Benoni, Transvaal, South Africa
She has a pet name Charlie
Her height is 1.77 m or 5′ 9½”.
Charlize Theron next performance was in the Valley (1996) as Helga Svelgen. That role of her got her the role of Tina Powers in That Thing You Do! Soon after that she came up with movies like The Devil’s Advocate in 1997, followed by Mighty Joe Young in 1998, and in 1999 with The Cider House Rules, The Legend of Bagger Vance in 2000 and the great The Italian Job in 2003.
In the year 2004 on February 29, Charlize Theron received her first Academy Award for her commendable performance in Monster in the year 2003.
Charlize Theron Trivia:
- Charlize Theron first language is Afrikaans while English is her second.
- She became a model at a very young age of fourteen.
- In 2000, Charlize Theron was titled amongst 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in People magazine.
- She was auditioned for the lead of Nomi Malone in Showgirls in the year 1995 that later landed to Elizabeth Berkley.
- Amongst Taiwan list of the “100 Sexiest Women in the World” in the 2001 FHM, Charlize Theron was ranked on position four.
- Both of Charlize Theron parents were born and raised in South Africa.
- Charlize Theron also opted for hypnotherapy in order to quit smoking.
- She had to gain 30 pounds for the role of Aileen Wuornos in Monster in the year 2003.