Keira Christina Knightley, the lady who has been acting since the age of 7. She is an English Actor who was born in 1985, 26th of March in England. Her mother Sharman Macdonald was also an actress who turned into a playwright. Her father Will Knightley was an actor too. She grew up in Suburb with his elder brother named Caleb. She has been nominated in Oscar for ‘Pride & Prejudice’ and ‘The Imitation Game.’ She mentions the love for playing with doll house during childhood as the reason she is an acting today. Keira Knightley suffered with dyslexia therefore it was tough for her to study in school.
Keira Knightley personal life:
Keira Knightley met Del Synnott while shooting Princess of Thieves in 2001. Both remained in relationship for two years. After that she dated Rupert Friend (her costar from Pride and Prejudice) for five years. Then she got engaged to James Righton a British Musician in 2012. In May 2013 the couple got married. They got a daughter in 2015 that they named Edie.
At first Keira Knightley worked in TV commercials and did small roles. Her first main role was in Star Wars (1999). Her career developed when she appeared in Bend it Like Bekham. Her first hit was the Pirates of Caribbean which included Johnny Depp as opposing star.
Some of the highlights of Keira Knightley career includes:
- Keira Knightley did a drama named King Arthur in 2004.
- In the same year she played a role in Pride and Prejudice.
- In 2008 she did a lead role in The Dutches.
- In 2010 she appeared in a science fiction named Never Let Me Go.
- Later in 2011 she appeared as a psychoanalyst in Dangerous Method.
- In 2012 she did a tale named Seeking a Friend for the End of The World and a period named Anna Karenina.
- In 2014 she appeared in Begin Again and Laggies.
- Keira Knightley role in Imitation Game bought her nomination in Oscar and Golden Globe as a supporting actress.
- In 2015 she did her debut in a play named ThérèseRaquin, which was based on a novel.
- Currently she is working on her new project Collateral Beauty which is expected to be released at the end of this year.
- Keira Knightley has always been the list of World’s Sexiest Women. Be it ranked as 10th or 54th she never left the list.
- In 2007 she sued Daily mail in which an article was posted accusing Keira Knightley of having an eating disorder, which she then won. The money she received for the caused damaged was then given to people suffering from mental and eating disorder.
- In 2010 Keira Knightley filed charges against a 41-year-old man of harassment who tried to approach her on various events outside the Comedy Theatre in London, where she was doing a play The Misanthrope. The case got closed as the actress was unavailable to testify in court.