The very well-known Serena Van der Woodson, heart of many is actually our very lively Blake Lively. As her name suggests “Lively”, her smile can bring life to the lifeless. The Hollywood industry has a cluster of stars that shine in their respective places and each has its own grace. Some perform such memorable characters that we always remember them with that particular character’s name. At the same time, they have their own history, life, ups and downs that are masked by the characters we see. But our very adored Serena a.k.a. Blake Lively did not have to struggle much to enter the Hollywood industry due to her family background (which was already in the industry). Lucky though!
More about Blake Lively:
The lady was born Virgo on 25th August 1987 in Tarzana to Ernie Lively and Elaine, an actor and a talent scout respectively. She has an older brother, Eric, two half-sisters, Lori and Robyn, and a half-brother, Jason. The whole family is the part of the industry. Earlier, it was her parents who taught her acting, making her a real talent already.
Blake Lively’s Personal Life:
Blake Lively met her better half in 2010 while shooting with Green Lantern. She started dating him in 2011 and got married in 2012. Blake Lively got a daughter named James in 2014. This year i.e. 2016, she is expecting another child. What a peaceful love story!
Blake Lively’s Career:
- Blake Lively has been the part of movies since she was ten.
- She appeared in her first movie Sandman which was directed by her father in 1998.
- After quite a break Blake Lively came as Bridget in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Fact: Blake Lively never auditioned or used a reference for the movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. She simply dropped her picture and got selected.
- After this movie Blake Lively joined school again for her senior year.
- Meanwhile she was nominated for the character she played for the Teen Choice Award.
- In 2006 she appeared in Accepted against Justin Long which was not well appreciated.
- In 2007 she played as Anabell in Elvis for which she had to lose some weight (which she found really tough).
Fact: Blake Lively stated that it was really tough for her to lose weight for Anabell as “Food is the number one Love of her Life.”
- After that Blake Lively was selected in the TV series Gossip Girl which lasted from 2007 till 2012.
- There she played as Serena Van Der Woodson which couldn’t stop people from loving her.
- In 2007 she appeared in the sequel of “The sisterhood of the travelling Pants”.
- She also appeared in a music video and played some supporting roles which were appreciated.
- Blake Lively also appeared in Savages and also became the face of Gucci Premium in 2010.
- In 2013 she also became the face of L’Oreal. Her latest work was The Age of Adaline in 2015.
- Blake Lively also appeared in survival and The Shallows.
Fact: In 2007, rumors proposed that Blake Lively was dating her gossip girl costar Penn Badgley. When they were caught kissing they declared about their relationship. The relationship ended after three years.