- The date of birth: 9th Junein year 1981 in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Her complete birth name is Natalie Hershlag.
- Natalie Portman has a nick name “Nat”
- Her height is found to be 5′ 3″ i.e. 1.6 m
Natalie Portman i.e. Natalie Hershlag was born on to a Jewish family on 9th of June in the year1981 in the Jerusalem of Israel. Natalie Portman is the only child of her parents, i.e. Avner Hershlag who is also born in and a doctor by profession and Shelley Stevens, who happens to be an American and an artist by profession. She also serves Natalie Portman as her agent. She has brown eyes, with a sweet sugary voice and a petite body structure.
Natalie Portman made her big move by leaving Israel for Washington, D.C at a young age. Making a few jumps till she finally settled in the New York and has managed to live till today. She completed her graduation with honors and scored that well that she made her way to the Harvard University.
At a small, age of eleven, she came grabbed attention at a pizza parlor from where she took a start as a model while later she decided to choose acting as her career. She was found to make her appearance in a great number of live performances yet made her first appearance in the movie in the year 1994 in Léon: The Professional. In addition to this, she made some power packed performances in her great movies like Heat in the year 1995, followed by a movie named Beautiful Girls in the year 1996 and also Mars Attacks! Making its way to cinema in the same year.
In the year 1999 Natalie Portman was honored with a worldwide fame i.e. Queen Amidala in the highest selling prequel of Star Wars: First Episode in the year (1999).
- She also made her way in critically well acclaimed comedy dramas that are: Anywhere but Here in year 1999
- Where the Heart is in the year 2000
- And closer in 2004 getting her an Oscar nomination for her outstanding performance. She repeated her great work as Padme Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy in 2002 in the last two episodes. And Star Wars: Episode III – in the year 2005.
She successfully grabbed an Academy Award and also a Golden Globe Award, beside a tough competition for “Best Actress” in “Black Swan” for the year 2010.