Shakira is a talented and successful Columbian pop singer who is known across the world for her beautiful voice and catchy songs. Up to now, more than 75 million copies of her albums have been sold worldwide and even now she continues to captivate her audience with her voice charms.
Shakira began singing and writing poetry when she was only four years old. She also danced and sang in her school, eventually earning the title of a belly dancer. Shakira is one of the most multi-talented singers in the present era. Shakira is an extremely good dancer, choreographer, record producer, songwriter and a model. Though Shakira’s first album Magia in the early 1990s failed to gain success worldwide; however, her album “Pies Descalzos and Dónde Están los Ladrones?” catapulted her career to a new heights.
- Shakira’s “Laundry Service” song “whenever, whenever” was the best-selling solo of 2002. This song topped the US charts as the best and hot Latin American song.
- Another song “Waka Waka” that Shakira sang for the FIFA world cup in 2006 became the best and biggest selling song of all time (of world cup). Also, this song is one of the most watched songs on YouTube videos.
- Another song that made her recognized all around the world is “Hips Don’t Lie” from her album Oral Fixation. It remained number one on US Billboard top 100 and also reached number 1 spot in other 55 countries. This song became her signature song and is regarded as the best solo of the 21st
- “She Wolf” is another hit song that displays the versatility in her vocals. It has merged two genres—electro pop and folk. It was a successful song worldwide and remained on number one in Latin America, ranked 4th in UK and 11th in US charts.
- Shakira’s song “Underneath your clothes” remained in top ten in US billboard charts. The song talks about unconditional love.
- Another famous song of Shakira was a duet with Beyonce “Beautiful Liar”. It was on number 3 in top 100 billboard songs and also won her an MTV award.
- “Gypsy” song tells about the travelling life of a gypsy. It was nominated in Billboard Music Award but she lost to one of her own song “Waka Waka”.
- “Loca” has sold more than 5 million copies worldwide and is one of her most popular songs.
- “La La La” an Afro-Brazilian song was written for FIFA world cup 2014.
- Shakira and Rihanna duet “Can’t Remember to Forget You” went viral on internet immediately after its release.