The name in the personal computer revolution doesn’t need any introduction. Steve Jobs was an American information technology entrepreneur and inventor. He was the co-founder of Apple Inc. He revolutionized the IT industry and laid the foundation of a completely changed world. After Steve Jobs death his official biographer Walter Isaacson described him as a “creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing.”
The article makes you familiar with Steve Jobs as a person. There is a lot about him that is still unknown.
- Steve Jobs was an adopted son of his parents. He was adopted soon after being born.
- He was a descendant of Syrian and American ancestors. He was also a half Arab.
- Steve Jobs was a college dropout and his biological parents wanted him to give to the couple who are college educated people. It was promised that he would go to the university. It is quite ironic that he was a dropout.
- The co-founders of Apple met in high when Steve Wozniak was 18 and Jobs was just 13.
- Steve Jobs never liked the system of schools and preferred learning through unconventional means.
- Steve Jobs experimented with psychedelic drugs and adopted the practices of Zen Buddhism during his seven month travelling around India.
- Do you know that there was a third co-founder of Apple. His name was Ronald Wayne. Sadly, he sold his shares soon after the partnering.
- Steve Jobs had an illegitimate child and he denied giving her his name. Eventually, Jobs accepted Lisa Brennan as his child and changed her name to Lisa Brennan-Jobs.
- Despite denying paternity Jobs named a new Apple product Apple Lisa.
- He kept his annual salary to be 1$ at Apple. Do not worry he made a lot and literally a lot out. Being the shareholder of Disney and Apple he earned plentitude.
- Steve Jobs grew fond of his biological sister Mona Simpson who herself was an intellectual being. So intelligence runs in the family.
- The movie Anywhere but Here is written by his sister. It is dedicated to Jobs.
- Steve Jobs had romantic relationships with Joan Baez and Diane Keaton.
- Jobs often used to park in spots that were reserved for handicaps.
- Steve Jobs was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2003. Instead of taking doctor’s advice he relied on vegan diet, acupuncture, and herbal remedies.