Tom Cruise is a Big Name in the movie industry. His appealing personality and looks has led to a massive fan following and he continues to charm his fans. He was born on July 3, 1962 in Syracuse, New York. He has been married thrice and has three children among which 2 are adopted
Note: Suri Cruise is his own daughter.
Here are some very interesting facts about Tom Cruise that you might be oblivious to know.
- Did you know that Tom’s whole name is Thomas Mapother IV? The name suggests some Royal traces, however, this is not the case.
- Tom Cruise shared an extreme and excruciating relation with his father. He described him as “a merchant of chaos.”
- He is a descendant of German, Irish and English ancestry. That is some confusing lineage to keep a track of.
- Tom Cruise experienced bully in schools and changed 15 schools within a span of 12 years. He has a tormenting childhood.
- Did you know that Tom used to play floor hockey? But then he stopped due to his injury in which he injured his front teeth.
- He was raised as a Catholic and at some point he wanted to become a priest. As of now he practices Scientology. His first wife introduced him to this belief.
- In High School he performed in Guy and Dolls and it was then that he was attracted to the glamour and charm of Hollywood.
- Before getting his debut movie he used to work as a porter and bus boy. Doesn’t seem true right?
- Tom Cruise recurring role in Mission Impossible movies has given him a worldwide fame but in real life he became a hero when he saved a woman from being mugged in London. He chased the bad guys on the streets away from his bodyguards.
- Little do people know that Tom used to wear braces in 2002. He used to take them off while shooting. The rest can be left to the imagination.
- Tom Cruise has topped the Forbes list of powerful men twice. He is the only Hollywood actor who has managed to do so.
- Do you know that there is a country who has actually named one of the days as “Tom Cruise Day”? Yes, it is true. Japan has exclusively named 10th October as “Tom Cruise Day” because he is the only Hollywood actor who has paid maximum visits to the country.
So these were some of the interesting things that you might not be knowing about Tom Cruise before.